Parents and guardians of NHS Band Members are strongly encouraged to get involved on a committee to help provide support for the band. Below are a description of the available committees within the band boosters.
- Hospitality coordinates supplies of food and drink to band students at various events.
- Fundraising coordinates, reviews, and recommends various fundraisers to the executive board. Volunteers are always needed to chair fundraisers.
- Chaperones travel with band students to football games, competitions, trips, and other events. They ride with students on buses and stay with students at hotels during overnight trips. Chaperones must attend one of the chaperone training sessions held on Tuesday nights during July (July 11 & 18 at 6PM). Additionally, a volunteer application must be completed through the district office: http://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/community/volunteerapplication.aspx
- Uniforms assist students with the care and upkeep of marching band uniforms.
- Logistics arranges for buses for band travel and includes a pit crew which moves band equipment onto the field during marching band season performances.
- Communications distributes band booster information via website, e-mail, and Facebook to booster club members.
- Membership is responsible for promoting involvement in the band booster club.
- Guard serves as link between the band booster executive board, the guard, and guard parents. This committee also works to coordinate and support color guard activities in the fall and winter guard activities in the winter and spring.