The following are some important band announcements for the week of 11/27/2017.
- Winds and Percussion in both the Gold and Purple concert bands are reminded of their scale assignment recordings due in Canvas. Please see Canvas for more details, due dates, and grade progress.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill is hosting a SPIRIT NIGHT this Thursday from 5PM-9PM. A portion of the profits will be donated to the NHS Band. #welcometomoes
Christmasville Parade Information:
Call time is 5:30PM in the grassy area near Winthrop’s Dinkins Hall for all members of the Purple Regiment. Please arrive dressed in full uniform (no helmets) with marching instrument, folio, and lyres. Students, please take your uniform home with you this week. They will be due back next Monday! We will provide instrument transportation for large instruments (percussion and sousaphones). The parade starts at Winthrop and ends at Fountain Park.
Students will need folios, lyres, and marching instruments in class on Friday in class.
- Band Dance Tickets are on sale in the band office all week. Please bring $5 cash for each ticket needed (or BCP authorization). The RHSD3 Band Dance is at the Elks Lodge on December 8th. Only BAND members are permitted at this event… no outside guests. Friday is the last day to sign-up!
- The next NHS Band Booster Meeting will be on Monday, December 4, 2017 at 7PM. The meeting will be followed by a mandatory informational meeting about the Hawaii trip. Members attending the Hawaii trip should have received a letter via e-mail from Mr. Yost earlier today about this meeting.
- The NHS Bands will present their Holiday Concert in the NHS Auditorium next Thursday, December 7th, at 7:30PM. Call time will be 7PM in full uniform (no helmets) for winds and percussion.
- Fruit Delivery is Saturday, December 9, 2017. All band students are required to come to the school the morning of December 9th to help unload the fruit.