It’s hard to believe but in just over four months we will be on our way to Hawaii. Details are starting to be finalized and I am very excited about the opportunities that you and the students will be able to enjoy. I am contacting you to make you aware of a mandatory meeting for all families traveling with us to Hawaii or have a child that is going as a part of the band. The meeting will be Monday, December 4th, immediately following our monthly booster meeting. The purpose of this meeting is to:
- Sign up for flights
- You need to be sure to sign up with your name as it appears on your ID Students who don’t have a driver’s license, passport or other form of government issued ID will be able to use their school ID since it is a school trip. Minors traveling with their parents won’t need any kind of ID
- The two flight options departing Charlotte Douglas are both on American Airlines. The first departs at 6:15 am and the other is scheduled to leave at 7:43 am. Both flights go to Dallas/Fort Worth where we join and have the same flight to Honolulu arriving at 2:15 pm. We are all on the same flight back to Charlotte coming home as well.
- Receive information about excursions available on our free day. These might include:
- Catamaran rides
- Surfing lessons
- Trips to another island
- Confirm room occupancies for the tag along travelers
- Students will sign up for rooms so they need to know when they arrive who they want to room with. They will be four to a room.
- Answer any other questions or concerns that you may have at this time
As I mentioned above, this is mandatory and we do need to have at least one adult for each student or family going on the trip. If you are not able to attend the meeting please be sure to contact me so we can arrange a time for you to meet with me to ensure we have you on a flight with the correct spelling of your name. Likewise, I believe I have email addresses for all the tag-alongs on the trip but please be sure to forward this information to any family members or friends that are on the trip to ensure they are aware of the meeting. I would also like to add that I have a few vacancies still available at this time so if you know of someone that would like to join us please have them contact me as soon as possible so we can get them signed up.
As always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns and I look forward to seeing you next Monday.
Mark S. Yost
NHS Director of Bands